Our mission at Finger Lakes Treasure Trove Inc. is to offer new and used high quality products at affordable prices to the community; to offer support and resources to individuals who are at risk or in need; and to support and raise awareness in the community of existing programs and services available to assist those in need.
- We honor vouchers issued by the Salvation Army Family Emergency Program.
- We offer your donated goods of new and gently used men’s, woman’s and children’s clothing, shoes, jewelry and accessories, home décor, housewares, books, small electronics, small furniture and more to the community at affordable prices.
- We participate in offering Court ordered Community Service hours.
- We keep a free clothing bin stocked outside of the store for anyone who is in need.
- We collect for and donate items to other nonprofits in Canandaigua and surrounding communities, working with them to provide for those in need.
- Agencies are encouraged to set up information tables and schedule presentations at the Treasure Trove regarding their organizations.
- We provide information on suicide prevention through the International Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program (yellowribbon.org). We have volunteers on site who are certified Mental Health 1st Aid Responders.
- Free books are available to children – 1 book per child each day they come to the store.
- We offer support to those in crisis or in need, making them aware of resources and existing programs and services available to them within the community.
- We welcome individuals who wish to showcase their special talents in art, jewelry, essential oils, etc. by having them set up displays at the store.
- We provide Notary Public service.
- We offer volunteer hours. Volunteers comprise 90% of our staff.
- We appreciate donations of slightly used, clean clothing and other items that have value for our customers. Donations are accepted (no appointment necessary) Tuesday through Friday 9 am – 4 pm; Saturday 9 am – 2 pm. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PRINTERS. We DO NOT ACCEPT donations of large furniture, large appliances, or TVs. Please do not liter by leaving items outside the store!
- As a 501(c)3 Nonprofit Corp., we offer receipts for your tax deductible donations.
- We accept your old cell phones, tablets and inkjet/laser printer cartridges, used batteries, and plastic shopping bags for recycling.
- We accept all major credit cards.
- We offer free school supplies.
- We accept donations of new, unwrapped gifts to be distributed to kids for Christmas.
- Weekly specials offer more savings to our customers, and every Wednesday is WOW WEDNESDAY where all items in the store are 50% OFF.
- Finger Lakes Treasure Trove has grown to be a popular destination for buyers searching for antiques, collectibles, and that unique item that cannot be found anywhere else. It’s a unique shopping experience.
The staff at Finger Lakes Treasure Trove is experienced, knowledgeable and proficient in the organizational skills necessary to make this store succeed. Each has a passion for serving others in this community and beyond, and are fully committed to the values and vision that the Finger Lakes Treasure Trove intends to uphold.
Joanne Moon Heveron, President
has an Associate Degree in Human Services. She has many years of retail management experience and experience working in a nonprofit, donation based resale store. She is knowledgeable and familiar with all aspects of what it takes for a business to succeed. Her expertise in addressing the needs in the community and networking with other local nonprofit organizations has given her the ability to identify and support underserved members of the community. She is also certified in youth and adult Mental Health First Aid, giving her the knowledge to identify those who may be in crisis and direct them to the proper agency for assistance.
Alexys Pentycofe, Vice President
After graduating high school, Alexys attended certified nurse’s assistant class and worked for three years as a CNA. She then worked with individuals with disabilities teaching them skills needed to live independently in the community. After taking the lead position where she worked, she became responsible for scheduling, filing, billing, and organizing events. Alexys has been an avid thrifter since she was 10. Her love of thrifting and past work experience make her a valuable part of the Finger Lakes Treasure Trove team.
Jean Lansberry, Secretary/Treasurer
has an Associate Degree in Business/Secretarial Science. She has 20 years of experience working in Human Resources, Payroll, and Office Management. She is knowledgeable of the NYS Unemployment, Worker’s Comp and Disability Laws. Her office management skills have helped her to keep the cost of doing daily business at a minimum. She is a commissioned Notary Public of the State of New York, and makes her service as a Notary available to those who request it. She is also certified in youth and adult Mental Health First Aid, giving her the knowledge to identify those who may be in crisis and direct them to the proper agency for assistance.